A comprehensive lecture on meditation which provides:
- An overview of the Three Trainings as a meditative path to wisdom (gnosis).
- The practical steps to begin a meditation practice (posture, relaxation, concentration) and tips to overcome common obstacles in achieving them.
- The difference between concentration (samatha) and insight (vipassana) practices, and how to intelligently combine them.
- What it means to have mindfulness (smrti) and apply introspection (samprajanya) within meditation, with quotes from Santideva's Bodhicaryavatara.
- An overview of several practices to develop concentration and insight.
- Recommended goals for a beginner of meditation.
It is highly recommended the
is studied along with listening to the lecture.